Sunday, October 11, 2009

Web Quest

We are supposed to write about our work on learning how to create and build a Web Quest this week.
Well it sure has been interesting. I had a difficult time being able to pull up a template and down load it after deciding which one I wanted to use. Then I was having fun trying to change and put information into it. I am still having a difficult time and it is not looking like or working like I thought it would.
I know that Web Quest are meant to be fun and interesting however I am not so sure about that. I know that it is definitely hard for the creator. Especially trying to use blooms taxonomy and follow the regulations and guidelines.
Searching for the web sites was also fun and interesting. I found that Web crawler was very use full. I then had to decide which sites would be appropriate. If I was not already concerned about children being on the Internet I sure would be now. It takes a long time to find just the correct words and wording to get what you are looking for on the Internet.
Every thing was made more difficult for me since my computer is not working the correct way. It keeps freezing up on me. I keep loosing the work I have done. Applications keep not responding and closing down. You have to save what work you are doing every sentence because the computer does not want to work correctly.
On top of that it takes me about three tries to send an email.
All in all it is a very frustrating week.
Well for blogs this one is a long one and it seems more like a venting session tonight. I hope every one else is having better luck Missy

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I hope your venting helped :-) Blogs are good for that. Your technical problems are making this process all the harder, but you're correct when you say the first WebQuest is difficult to make, that's why I'm giving you guys so much time for it. You'll be creating a really nice lesson for your students and as a classroom teacher you can use this over and over again, pretty sweet.